POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : invoking POV-Ray with spaces in the pathname : invoking POV-Ray with spaces in the pathname Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:33:05 EDT (-0400)
  invoking POV-Ray with spaces in the pathname
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 28 Sep 2002 11:28:25
Message: <3d95ca99$1@news.povray.org>
I want to write a shell program to do some simple tests, and I'm having
trouble invoking POV-Ray from within a C program. I"ve tried the shell()
command, and it works if there are no spaces in the pathname. However, I"m
in Windows so I'll need to be able to deal with spaces in the pathname to
pvengine.exe. Whats the best way to invoke POV-Ray from within a C program,
even if there are spaces in the path name? I've tried an additional layer of
quotes but I just get an error message from the operating system that it
cannot find the file specified.

Thanks in advance,
George Pantazopoulos